Monday, June 07, 2010

CD design

Lately I've been doing some work for Hydro-Phonic Records. The sludge and doom metal label just started up but have already put out some amazing looking vinyl works of art. Just one example...



Most of the albums so far have been re-issues. So on my end it's mostly been grunt work and consulting as bands already have art they want to use and well-established logos, but hopefully soon I'll get a chance to do more drawing and design work as the label moves into more first releases, merch and live shows. With such beautiful records and more coming quickly I've no doubt that more people will start paying attention to what Hydro-Phonic Records is doing and I'll get increased chances to create cool images and help some bands get noticed.

Here's something I worked up sort of on spec to warm up and show off what I could do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry but due to recent spamming I'm going to have to turn on word verification. Half the time I can't tell what those damn letters are supposed to be!